ADK Winery Celebrates 15 Years of Success and Growth with Friends, Family, C
(Queensbury, N.Y.) – April 17th, 2023, marks 15 years since Adirondack Winery opened its doors in Lake George. To celebrate, founders Sasha and Michael Pardy invite customers and friends of the business to Adirondack Winery’s brand-new Tasting Room in Queensbury, and original Tasting Room in Lake George to celebrate this milestone from April 13th to 23rd, with an impressive roster of events including Savage Dueling Pianos, Comedy at the Winery, Celebratory Chocolate Launch Party, Adirondack Themed Paint & Sip, Trivia from the 2000s, Boogie Brunch & Boozie Zumba, Wine-Infused Fondue for Two Experience, Extra Mile Pizza and Live Music, Acoustic Brunch, and an exclusive Lake George Tasting Room event. For more information about 15th Anniversary festivities please visit adkwinery.com/15years. Tickets for some events will sell out, so booking in advance is strongly recommended, although not required.
“We are overwhelmed with the amount of support our customers, friends, family and the community have shown us over the 15 years we have been in business,” said Adirondack Winery President and Co-Owner Sasha Pardy. “It blows me away to see where we started and where we are today.”
In 2008, Adirondack Winery started out as one of the first micro-wineries without a vineyard on site in the country, with a single storefront on Canada Street across from Shepard Park, where Mike made the wine in the back and it was tasted and sold out front by his wife Sasha, and a few part-timers. The winery sold 1,000 cases in its first year, including wine from other New York wineries. 15 years later, the winery has evolved leaps and bounds to producing 20,000 cases per year via more than 35 different varietals. Its wine is sold at over 500 stores and restaurants across New York and can be shipped to customers in 35 states.
In 2022, the winery opened a brand-new $2.6 million, 14,100-square-foot winemaking facility and Tasting Room at the site of its Queensbury headquarters, at 395 Big Bay Road. The new building provides the winery with the space it needs to triple its wine production over the next 10 years. It houses an all-new Tasting Room, where the winery now offers new services customers have long desired, such as winery tours, wine by the glass, cocktails, local beers and spirits, outdoor seating, and light dining (charcuterie boards, dessert boards, brunch boards, and more). The winery also offers fun events and classes like Uncork & Crafts, pairing events, trivia, live music and more. Upstairs is a stunning private event space that can be rented out for events like bachelorette parties, bridal showers, birthday parties, small weddings, corporate and non-profit events.
With the construction of this new flagship location, Adirondack Winery has committed to ongoing improvement of its sustainability efforts. Adirondack Winery installed an 80kWp rooftop solar power system to provide power for its new winemaking facility and tasting room. “In addition to our efforts to reduce our greenhouse gasses, we have improved our sustainability by utilizing light weight bottles, using natural corks, compostable cups and straws, reducing and reusing packaging, working to increase our in-house recycling programs, improving the energy efficiency of our offices and tasting rooms, and using local food sources and suppliers,” Co-Owner Mike Pardy mentions. Visitors at our Queensbury location can observe the amount of solar energy being produced, historical power output, CO2 saved, and equivalent trees planted on any given day via their dedicated screen display.
The flagship Tasting Room in Lake George remains a top attraction in the region with its prime location at 285 Canada Street across from the Shepard Park. “This summer we plan to have a sidewalk café open in front of our Lake George Tasting Room, complete with our famous wine slushies and wine by the glass, which we know our customers will be ecstatic about, and we’ve got bigger Lake George plans for the future, too!” Pardy said. “Lake George will always be where our customers discover us and fall in love with our wines, and we want this location to remain a top to-do list item for visitors.”
Since opening in 2008, the Pardy’s have committed to having a positive impact on their industry and the local community. “Part of our Company Values is to support local. We do this through serving and selling locally made products, donating our wine to charitable causes, promoting our region to potential visitors through our wine label photography of this beautiful area, holding events that people come into town for, and more,” said Sasha. Over the last 10 years, Adirondack Winery has raised more than $100,000 for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of the Adirondacks through its annual “Drink Pink campaign.” In 2022 it raised $25K for Making Strides as the top fundraising company of the Northeast! Through Adirondack Winery’s sister company, the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival, the Pardy’s have given hundreds of small family-owned businesses exposure to tens of thousands of festival goers over the last 7 years and raised nearly $100K for charities like Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Southern Adirondacks and the SUNY Adirondack Alumni Association.
“We are proud to have built a successful business that will someday be a legacy for our children, Ella (17) and Ethan (11) and has made a positive impact on our community,” said Co-Owner Sasha Pardy.
Adirondack Winery 15th Anniversary Event Lineup:
- April 13th 6-8pm: 2000s Trivia w/ That Trivia Guy: Test your knowledge about the 2000s for a chance to win awesome prizes, including FREE Wine!
- April 14th 4-7pm: Celebratory Music & Chocolate: Release of their NEW sweet red wine infused with dark chocolate, FREE Barkeater Chocolate samples and live music w/ Kiel Love.
- April 14th 6-8pm: Adirondack Themed Paint & Sip w/ Robin: Sip on a selection of wines while painting an Adirondack Chair with wine by the Lake design canvas or 2 wine glasses.
- April 15th 4-7pm: The Extra Mile Pizza, Wine & Music! Delicious wood-fired pizza on-site accompanied by live music w/ Mark Rabin
- April 15th 7-9pm: Comedy at the Winery: Comedians Mikael Gregg, Travis Stealey and headliner Andy McDermott will deliver a night full of laughs!
- April 16th 10-11am: Sparkling Boogie, Brunch, and Boozie Zumba: Move to the beat of the 2000s and wear your sparkling attire for a FREE “Sparkling Mimosa” after class!
- April 16th 11am-2pm: Acoustic Brunch at the Winery w/ Dan Webster: Indulge in their brunch experience while listening to live music!
- April 20th 7:30-10pm: Dueling Pianos w/ Savage Pianos: Dueling Pianos is a high-energy, request driven, rock and roll singalong experience you won’t want to miss!
- April 21st 4-7pm: The Extra Mile Pizza, Wine & Music! Delicious wood-fire pizza on-site accompanied by live music w/ Chuck Kelsey!
- April 21st 7:30-10pm: Dueling Pianos w/ Savage Pianos: Dueling Pianos is a high-energy, request driven, rock and roll singalong experience you won’t want to miss!
- April 22nd 12:30-3:30pm: Live Music w/ Jason Irwin
- April 22nd 4-7pm: Live Music w/ Greg Auffredou (steel drums)
- April 23rd 11am-2pm: Acoustic Brunch at the Winery w/ Tom Keller: Indulge in their brunch experience while listening to live music!